What is Your Wish List? If you are a home buyer, I know that there are certain things you would like your new home to have. Think of this as your WISH LIST.
So you have gotten pre-qualified by a lender and that means you’ve done your homework and know your price range. Once you’ve found a comfort level in price range, then it’s time to share your WISH LIST with your buyers agent.
My buyer’s WISH LIST helps me understand their tastes & lifestyles. In my opinion, there is no such thing as a “picky buyer”.
The more my buying clients tell me about what they like (and don’t like) – the better a job I will do in researching homes available in Gainesville. So, let’s talk details, details, details !!
Here are some things to consider when preparing your own wish list.
- Number of Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Size of the home (Square footage) – Which is all about the floorplan layout too
- Floorplan Style – One level, Two levels, Open Floor plan
- Size of Garage or number of cars
- Do you want a pool, or spa, or both? Screened or Not?
- If you don’t want a pool, do you want a screened patio?
- Size of parcel
- Age of Home – Is age an issue, or is updated older home ok?
- Type of Construction
- What type of neighborhood do you want your family in?
- Do you want to be in a planned community with restrictions and community ammenities?
- Are schools important?
- What type of “travel-commute” time do you prefer to get to work each day?
- Tell me what you want in your kitchen?
- Do you want a fenced back yard?
- Do you want a fireplace?
- Is it important that the master suite be on the first floor?
- Do you prefer a split bedroom floor plan?
- Will you do a lot of entertaining? Need a formal dining room or summer kitchen?
- Do you want a luxury master bath with 2 sinks, shower, and a jetted tub?
- Surfaces – Wallpapers? Flooring? Counter Tops?
- Bells & Whistles – tell all me all the extras you like – irrigation system, alarm system, sound systems, crown molding, high ceilings.
Every detail, no matter how small, can be very important to you. We may not be able to find a home that is a perfect match to your wish list, but we will strive to find the best homes to view!
The more I know about my clients’ “likes and dislikes”, helps me to be well prepared for our first trip to show homes.
If you are wanting a caring, attentive, patient, buyer’s agent to help you find your next home in Gainesville FL & surrounding communities in Alachua County, FL…….. please call me!