Hurricane Supply Tax-Free Week in Florida
Today is the start of Sales Tax Free week on Hurricane Preparedness Items in Florida because tomorrow (JUNE 1st) is the first day of Hurricane Season – are you ready?
2014 Tax Free Holiday on Hurricane Items begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, May 31, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 8.
Hurricane Preparation Items included in the Sales Tax Holiday
- Portable self-powered light sources selling for $20 or less
- Portable self-powered radio, two-way radio or weather band radio selling for $50 or less
- Tarps or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less
- Self-contained first-aid kits selling for $30 or less
- Ground anchor systems or tie-down kits selling for $50 or less
- Gas or diesel fuel tanks selling for $25 or less
- Battery packages: AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less
- Nonelectric food storage coolers selling for $30 or less
- Portable generators used to preserve food or provide light or communications selling for $750 or less
- Reusable ice selling for $10 or less
DOWNLOAD a Copy of the ITEMS LIST here. Take this list with you to your local stores!