Let’s Talk about Home Buyers Process
The most important decision you will make as a home buyer is to find yourself a Realtor® that will represent YOU from start to finish. We’re hoping that you will select The Bohn Team at RE/MAX Professionals be your Gainesville Buyers agent.
Our goal is to help you in find the right home for your lifestyle, with the best possible terms & price. We will be by your side through the entire process. It’s our job to explain every step of the process of your home purchase, whether it be from our initial meeting to the day we’re sitting down at the closing table. If you have questions, we provide answers. We listen to you and your needs in the home purchase, and will do our best to provide guidance throughout the transaction.
Please check out our Ultimate Home Buyers Guide – It’s Free with no obligation!
Choosing A Realtor®
Your Real Estate Professional serves you by:
- Having knowledge about the local communities.
- Understanding the complicated local & state requirements involved in your real estate transaction.
- Have effective negotiation skills.
- Highly-trained with continuing education certifications.
- Being a tech savvy agent and using tech tools to mutual benefits.
- Being a Good Listener to your wish list and needs.
- Abiding by the Realtor® Code of Ethics.
Most real estate professionals and mortgage lenders recommend pre-qualifying for a loan before selecting a home to purchase. This process will help you:
- Determine the price range you can afford.
- Understand the types of loan programs you qualify for.
- Determine what your monthly payment will be.
- Estimate the down payment and closing costs.
- Provide you with confidence in your home search and purchase.
Finding and Choosing the Right Home
Based on criteria that we establish together, we will help you find the perfect home. There are many factors to consider in selecting a property, including location, bedroom and bath count, lot size, construction styles, schools and amenities. We call this your “wish list“. And, there is no such thing as a picky buyer.
Our extensive community knowledge and professional resources will allow us to find available properties that meet your wish list. It’s fun, and we love working with buyers.
Making an Offer
Once you have found the home you want, we will then help you prepare your written offer. First we provide current information about the local market sales that help you make decisions about your offer.
This is where the Realtors® negotiation skills come into play. When an offer is made, the seller will have the option of accepting, rejecting or counter-offering your offer. It is our duty to negotiate the best possible terms for you.
Yes, there is paperwork, and we will draft the purchase agreement, advising you of all the available protective contingencies, our customary practices, and local regulations. Inspections, seller disclosures, home warranty, title and escrow arrangements will be detailed in your offer. We will give you advice and information about each part of your offer, yet it is your decision as to the exact price and terms.
Prior to closing escrow, all of the contingencies of the Purchase Agreement must be met. We will coordinate this process. Typical contingencies include:
- Your receipt & approval of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement
- Homes Owner Association or Condo Association Documents, Rules & Regulations for Membership, and Fees.
- Approval of the preliminary title report.
- Loan approval, including the lenders’ appraisal of the property.
- Physical inspections of the property.
- Pest inspection and certification.
- Acquisition of homeowner’s insurance.
Closing and Moving In!
When all of the conditions of the purchase agreement have been met, you will sign your loan documents and closing papers. You will deposit the balance of your down payment and closing costs to escrow, and your lender will deposit the balance of the purchase price. The deed will then be recorded at the County Recorder’s office and you will take ownership of your home.