If you bought your Gainesville Fl Home in 2012, then now is the time to file your Homestead Exemption. If you lived in the home on January 1, 2013, and the home is your PRIMARY residence in the State of Florida, you are entitled to this Homestead Exemption on your home.
You must file by March 1, 2013. So, don’t wait! Don’t forget! You are urged to file as soon as possible once you own and occupy the residence. First time applicants must file before the deadline of March 1 for the tax year in which they wish to qualify.
WHERE to FILE: The Alachua County Administration Building
Office: 12 SE 1st Street – Across from Harry’s Bar & Grill
Mailing: 12 SE 1st St Suite 213 Gainesville, FL 32601-6886
Phone: (352) 374-5230 Fax: (352) 374-5278
DOWNLOAD the Homestead Exemption Form
***If you received a homestead exemption last year and still own and occupy that residence with the intention of making it your permanent home, your exemption application will be renewed automatically. A receipt will be mailed to you in early January. It is your responsibility to notify the Property appraiser if your qualification for the homestead exemption has changed.
You may want to visit the Alachua county website to learn about additional exemptions:
- $25000 Senior (over 65) Homestead Exemption
- $500 Widows/Widowers Exemption
- $500 Disability Exemption
- $500 Exemption for Blind Persons
- $5000 Veteran Disability Exemption
- Service-Connected Total and Permanent Disability Exemption
- Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled Persons
- Exemption for Disabled Veterans Confined to Wheelchairs
- Agricultural Classification
- Deployed Military Exemption