Florida Homes: Your Fall Checklist
With our warm September, it sure doesn’t feel like fall yet – but this is a good time to review your fall checklist. Being a homeowner here in our Sunshine State, we need to be diligent about taking care of our home. Here is the Fall Checklist to review. You might find a TO-DO List here! (Download this flyer)
EXTERIOR- Fall Checklist
* Trim tree branches and vegetation near roof.
* Check roof, siding and foundation for damage.
* Check chimney for loose bricks and missing mortar.
* Clean gutters and downspouts. Make sure water doesn’t pool around foundation.
* Seal gaps and holes that could provide access for animals.
* Replace loose or missing caulking around windows and doors.
* Fertilize and reseed lawn
* If area to subject to freezes, shut off exterior faucets and irrigation system, and store hoses.
INTERIOR- Fall Checklist
* Check attic and crawl spaces for leaks or moisture after wet weather.
* Check caulking around showers, bathtubs, sinks and toilets.
* Check faucets and supply valves for leaks or corrosion.
* Inspect water heater for leaks.
* Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
* Have a professional inspect/clean chimney. Test fireplace flue for tight seal.
* Test circuit breakers and ground-fault interrupter/arc-fault interrupters.
* Consider hiring a professional to inspect and tune up your furnace/HVAC system
* Change furnace filter and remove any materials that block air return vent.
* Clean dryer vent.
Sources: Amerispec Inspection Services, HomeAdvisor.com
****Don’t hesitate to call me with any questions about your home, I welcome the opportunity to be your real estate professional!