Homestead Exemption in Alachua County
If you bought your home in 2013, any Florida residents who has legal or equitable title to property, occupy the home, and have the intention of making the property their permanent residence as of January 1 are eligible for homestead exemption.
“YOU must file for this exemption before March 1st, 2014 to get your exemption for 2013.
Our Alachua County Property Appraiser Office has a excellent web site!
This is the direct link so you can DOWNLOAD the Application for Filing Homestead .
Here is the chart of our Alachua County millage rates.
There is also have a great Q & A Section on their site. The county site is full of great information, and here are a couple of great links that will help you get your exemption and learn about our Property Appraiser!
Link to Guidelines for Exemptions and Classifications
Application for Ad Valorem Tax Exemption (Homestead Exemption)
You may also want to review additional exemptions you would qualify for, so check out the County’s site and review this list below!
What other exemptions are available?
- $25000 Senior Homestead Exemption
- $500 Widows/Widowers Exemption
- $500 Disability Exemption
- $500 Exemption for Blind Persons
- $5000 Veteran Disability Exemption
- Service-Connected Total and Permanent Disability Exemption
- Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled Persons
- Exemption for Disabled Veterans Confined to Wheelchairs