Aptitude with Attitude
Well, here we are on December 30th of 2009. I’ve been doing an analysis of my “year in review“….. aren’t we all doing it this week? Regardless of what your business is, every business owner will analyze profit & loss statements. Business owners will ponder the good business decisions (or bad ones) that have been made throughout the year.
For me, it’s been another year and I did get some of my 2009 goals met. And I am making my new list of Goals for 2010 this week too. Are you making YOUR goal list for 2010?
I’m not talking about New Year Resolutions. I like to call them “goals” that I write down and do my best to keep track of throughout the year.
I have a theory for my new year ahead and I have given it a NAME and A THEME ! I am going to call it:
Aptitude with Attitude !
Aptitude is defined as:
- capability; ability; innate or acquired capacity for something; talent
- readiness or quickness in learning; intelligence
- the state of quality of being apt; special fitness
For me, some of my goals fall into this Aptitude classification.
- SFR Designation by NAR. I have just taken the exam and watched 3 great webinars required for certification.
- Win the Day – Do what I know WORKS….Network, B to B Network, Blogging, SOI Cultivation.
- I will attend the REMAX convention this year in Orlando in March
- I will be a mental sponge this year, every week set a designated time to attend & learn webinars and events via ActiveRain, REMAX Training on Demand & others that will help my business and my clients.
- I will strictly adhere to my proposed budget.
- Review my WRITTEN specific “business” goals every Monday.
- Adhere to Time Blocking to achieve other goals on the list.
Attitude is defined as:
- manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc., with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, esp. of the mind
- position or posture of the body appropriate to or expressive of an action or emotion
For me, my other goals fall into this Attitude classification.
- In a stressful situation, I will SMILE and THINK – before reacting.
- I will get some exercise at least 15 minutes a day – (Treadmill, Weights or Dancing)
- I will lose 25 Lbs by June 1st
- I must control my financial/mental stress.
- Positive Attitude is best ammo for a hard day’s work.
- Read my GOAL Card every Monday morning. Know my numbers about $ and # of transactions.
- Be Happy – Don’t be my own worst critic.
- Don’t work 24/7 – Make time for my Family
I always make lists – to a fault. As a Buffini student, I have my 5 Circle Goals: Business, Family, Spiritual, Personal, and Financial. While working on all of this, I have come to realize that it’s all about……
Aptitude with Positive Attitude !
How about you?