Holiday Mail For Our Soldiers
We are all gearing up for the holidays, but here is a item to put on your TO-DO list! I recently saw a post on FaceBook about “Thanking Our Heros”. I read the article and thought this is a fabulous idea to share with you. Please put this on your TO-DO list!
I am going to get some cards for “Thanks”…..or seasonal for “Thanksgiving” and get them done. It’s such a small way to thank-you to our Heros in the Hospitals. This is a great way to say thank you to our soldiers. I personally plan to get to work on my holiday cards early this year, and this is a great way to get started on them early!
The deadline in December 6th, so please get your cards and in the mail before THANKSGIVING! This is a great way to tell our soldiers that we are THANKFUL for their service!
Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:
- Ensure that all cards are signed
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.”
- Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
- If you are mailing a large quantity of cards, please bundle them and place them in large mailing envelopes or flat rate postal shipping boxes.
- Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.
Please share this idea with all of your friends too!